Admission Requirements (Undergraduate)
To be eligible for admission to the B.S. Tourism Program, applicants from other U.P. Units and other universities must have completed the following minimum requirements:
30 units – for U.P. Students
33 units – for non-U.P. Students
Applicants cannot make up for any inadequacy in the number of units by enrolling during the Summer after the application period. Tourism courses taken prior to application will not be considered for transfer purposes.
The General Weighted Average (GWA) requirements for applicants is at least:
2.00 – for U.P. Students
1.75 – for non-U.P. Students
Applicants must pass the interview by the AIT Admissions Committee and meet the quota set by the Institute.
Download the Application Form here.
1. The first screening will be the number of units earned and the GWA. All applicants must first pass the first screening.
2. The second screening will be the interview. Applicants who pass the first screening will be given a schedule of interview set by the Admissions Committee.
3. The applicants will be ranked according to:
40% of the interview grade
60% of the applicant’s GWA
Admission Requirements (Graduate)
To be admitted in the Graduate Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution of higher learning
2. At least one year work experience
3. Intellectual capacity and aptitude for advanced studies, as determined through an entrance exam and interviews by a Graduate Program Committee
4. Satisfaction of additional University requirements such as health clearance and other special admission requirements that may be imposed by the unit and/or the Graduate Program Committee
5. As per University policy foreign applicants whose medium of instruction in their previous degrees held is not English should have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- For TOEFL, score of at least 500 in the paper-based, 173 in the computer-based or 61 in the internet based (IBT) test
- For IELTS, score of at least 5.5 score in the exam
1. PSA Birth Certificate (photocopy upon application, original of PSA paper upon admission)
2. Marriage Contract (photocopy upon application, original of PSA paper upon admission)
3. Official Transcript of Records or True Copy of Grades (photocopy upon application, original Transcript of Records upon admission)
4. Diploma (photocopy upon application, original upon admission)
5. Certificate of Employment/Contract of service or proof of previous employment or self-employment
6.Two (2) pcs. passport size photos
7.Two (2) completed recommendation letters from former or current employers, supervisors or professors. Each recommendation letter should be enclosed in a sealed envelope
8. Duly accomplished application form
9. Data Privacy Form
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Submit the required documents not later than April 30, 2020 either in person or through mail, addressed to:
THE GRADUATE COMMITTEE
c/o Division of Tourism Research and Extension Services,
Asian Institute of Tourism, University of the Philippines,
Commonwealth Avenue, Diliman, Quezon City 1101
For further queries, please call Tel No. (02) 981-8500 loc. 2797 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours – Mondays to Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM