To be eligible for admission to the B.S. Tourism Program, a student must either be:
- Freshman admitted through the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT); the student has completed High School level
- A shiftee or transfer student from other UP campuses or other Colleges/Universities; the student has earned units from another UP Unit or other college/university
For incoming freshman students, visit the University of the Philippines Office of Admission website for UPCAT information, eligibility, required documents, and important dates.
Thinking of Shifting or Transferring to UP AIT? Here’s what you need to know.
For students from other UP units and other universities, applicants must have completed the following minimum requirements:
30 units – for UP Students (S2, T1)
33 units – for non-UP Students (T2)
Applicants cannot make up for any inadequacy in the number of units by enrolling during the Summer after the application period.
Tourism courses taken prior to application cannot be credited to substitute the courses in the curriculum of UP AIT
The General Weighted Average (GWA) requirements for applicants should be at least:
2.00 – for UP Students (S2, T1)
1.75 – for non-UP Students (T2)
Applicants must also pass the interview by the AIT Admissions Committee
Download the application documents here.
1. The first screening will be the number of units earned and the GWA. All applicants must pass the first screening before proceeding to the second level.
2. The second screening will be the interview. Applicants who pass the first screening will be given a schedule for their interview set by the Admissions Committee.
3. The applicants will be ranked according to:
60% of the applicant’s GWA
40% of the interview grade
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
Please submit your requirements to the following email addresses:
- UP Students (S2, T1): firstname.lastname@example.org from July 5-16, 2021
- Applicants from other universities (T2): email@example.com from June 1-30, 2021
- T2 Applicants will be admitted on the first semester only
- For guidance: 1st Semester is from August-December while 2nd Semester is from January-May, Mid-year term is July to August.