To be eligible for admission to the BS Tourism Program, a student must either be:
- Freshman admitted through the UP College Admission Test (UPCAT); the student has completed High School level
- A shiftee or transfer student from other UP campuses or other Colleges/Universities; the student has earned units from another UP Unit or other college/university
For incoming freshman students, visit the University of the Philippines Office of Admission website for UPCAT information, eligibility, required documents, and important dates.
Thinking of Shifting or Transferring to UP AIT? Here’s what you need to know.
1. For students from other UP units and other universities, applicants must have completed the following minimum requirements:
30 units for UP Students (S2 & T1 Category*)
*S2 – Shifting within UP Diliman and T1 -Transferring from other UP Units
33 units for non-UP Students (T2 Category**)
**T2 – Transferring from other Colleges and Universities
Applicants cannot make up for any inadequacy in the number of units by enrolling during the Summer after the application period. Tourism courses taken prior to application cannot be credited to substitute the courses in the curriculum of UP AIT
2. The General Weighted Average (GWA) requirements for applicants should be at least:
2.00 – for UP Students (S2, T1)
1.75 – for non-UP Students (T2)
3. Applicants must also pass the interview by the AIT Admissions Committee
1. The first screening will be the number of units earned and the GWA. All applicants must pass the first screening before proceeding to the second level.
For T2 applicants, the screening will be done by the Office of the University Registrar. Once they have validated your credentials, only then can UP-AIT proceed to the second level of screening.
2. The second screening will be the interview. Applicants who pass the first screening will be given a schedule for their interview set by the Admissions Committee.
In light of the restrictions brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted online. Please ensure that you have a valid and working e-mail account and access to stable internet connection.
3. The applicants will be ranked according to:
60% of the applicant’s GWA
40% of the interview grade
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
S2, T1 applicants can email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR T2 Applicants:
- T2 Applicants will be admitted on the first semester only
- Application dates to be announced later
- The application guide, link to the form and submission can be accessed here
- The minimum GWA and Units required must be complied upon application
- For guidance: 1st Semester is from August-December while 2nd Semester is from January-May, Mid-year term is July to August.